Membership Terms & Conditions
By taking out Membership of the Welsh Judo Association (‘WJA’), (‘Welsh Judo’), individuals or their parents/guardians consent to the member being bound by the Bye-Laws, Technical Regulations, Code of Conduct, Child Protection, Safeguarding policies of Welsh Judo Association & British Judo Association, and bound by the Welsh Judo Association & British Judo Anti-Doping rules.
- The purchaser of a Membership is required to agree to these terms and conditions at the point of purchase. Any individual purchasing Membership on behalf of a third party shall be deemed to be acting with the consent of each Member for whom they are making that purchase, including acting with the authority of each such Member to agree to these terms and conditions on their behalf. Following the purchase of a Membership, Welsh Judo shall only communicate with the registered Member (regardless of whether such Membership was bought on their behalf or otherwise).
- Welsh Judo shall be entitled to refuse an application from, or suspend or cancel the Membership of, any Member at its absolute discretion.
- The Membership Fee is paid on an annual basis and is non-refundable.
- The Membership of each Member will commence on the date on which it is purchased and automatically expire 12 months thereafter – unless the Member has set up a continuous payment such as an annual Direct Debit. Members should allow 14 days from the date of purchase for their Membership pack to be delivered. Nothing in these terms and conditions guarantees a Member will be entitled to renew their Membership. Once expired, all rights and benefits of Membership will cease.
- An individual Member can terminate their Membership at any time by informing Welsh Judo. No refund of the Membership Fee (or remainder thereof) will be given.
- Welsh Judo reserves the right to re-brand or re-name Membership products at any time.
- If a Member damages, loses or misplaces their Membership book, or has the same stolen, they should report this as soon as possible. Welsh Judo shall issue a replacement to the relevant Member (subject to the below), unless Welsh Judo reasonably believes that a Member is, or has been, acting in a fraudulent or illegal manner and/or in breach of any of these terms and conditions. The issue of a replacement Membership Book by Welsh Judo to a Member shall be subject to the payment of a fee to Welsh Judo (unless Welsh Judo in its absolute discretion decides to waive such fee) and the level of such fee shall be communicated to the relevant Member at the relevant time.
- When seeking to use the benefits of Membership, a Member may be required at any time to show their Membership Book for inspection by Welsh Judo’s representatives or partners to prove that they are a Member.
- Membership is personal to each Member, is not transferable and shall not be transferred or resold under any circumstances. Membership Book will remain the property of Welsh Judo at all times (each Member retaining a Membership Book on behalf of Welsh Judo and being entitled to the benefits conferred by the Membership is subject to these terms and conditions). Welsh Judo reserves the right to require the immediate return of the Membership Book at any time.
- Welsh Judo reserves the right to suspend the use of Membership and/or any associated benefits for a period of time, to withdraw its use and such benefits completely and/or to terminate Membership if the Member (or any individual in possession of the Membership Book) breaches any of these terms and conditions (or Welsh Judo has reasonable grounds to suspect such a breach) or otherwise misuses the Membership; Welsh Judo shall not be obliged to make any refund to a Member if their Membership and/or any associated benefits are suspended or withdrawn or if their contract for the purchase of a Membership is terminated.
- Where a Direct Debit mandate has been set up on initial purchase, the Membership will automatically be renewed and the Member will automatically be charged the Membership fee on an annual basis, until the Member indicates a wish to cancel the Membership before the end of the relevant year, in accordance with the below. This means that before the end of the year, Welsh Judo will charge the Member automatically for the next year to guarantee uninterrupted access to benefits and services of the Membership in accordance with the following:
- Welsh Judo shall take payment for the renewal of the Member’s Membership by using the most recent information from the Direct Debit mandate provided by the Member when joining/renewing Membership. If the Member wishes to pay for the renewal of the Membership using another payment method, they should inform Welsh Judo two weeks prior to the date that Welsh Judo commences the process of taking the payment;
- If a Member does not wish to renew their Membership they should inform Welsh Judo two weeks prior to the date that Welsh Judo commences the process of taking the payment; and
- If Welsh Judo does not receive confirmation from the Member that they do not wish to renew their Membership for the subsequent year then (i) the Member’s Membership shall automatically renew for one year following the renewal date and the Member shall not have any further right to cancel the Membership for the subsequent year and (ii) the Member shall be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions which apply to that subsequent year.
Use of personal data
How to contact us
Should you have any questions about the information we hold on you, please contact us by: